"I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me." Psalm 16:8



Tuesday, May 15, 2012

So I know we are a little behind on updating you on our fun graduate festivities and post-nursing school lives, but please bear with us.  I mean we have all the time in the world now, right?? :)

As for now, I wanted to post a little snip-it of our pinning ceremony.  
There will be more to come later, don't worry your little hearts.  

At the pinning ceremony, I had the privilege of saying the "reflection" or as I like to say, the prayer.  I wanted to post the prayer so that in my future nursing days, I can look back and remember why God has called me to this profession.  

"Heavenly Father, ...As we recognize and celebrate our achievements tonight may we remember that it is only because of You that we made it this far, for this Lord we are thankful.  Lord, You have given us the skills and knowledge we need to let Your works be carried our through us as we embark on the next chapter of our lives.  May we use them for Your honor and Your glory.  Lord, be with us as we each go our separate ways, fulfilling the roles in which You have called us to serve.  With Your help, may we have the strength to love and comfort those who come to us for help.  Let us honor and care for each patient as though they were made in Your image.  Father, with Your guidance may we be a reflection of Your mercy when caring for the lonely, poor, suffering, and dying.  Thank You for calling us to this most respected profession and giving us the privilege to serve You by caring for Your children.  Your light is adequate for this new path that each of us is about to journey on.  May we continue to seek You, entrusting the care of patients into Your hands.  To our patients, let us be an extension of Your healing power working in us and through us.  Lord, by Your grace may we live according to this profession."  




Have a great night fellow blog readers
-lots of love, Aimee-

No comments:

Post a Comment