"I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me." Psalm 16:8



Monday, March 28, 2011

last leg!

Hey readers!  It's Aimee! Just another Manic Monday- filled with tracheotomy care/suctioning, the routine psych quiz, and of course, the usual, never boring conversations with nursing friends.  :]  -good news is that somehow we missed traffic coming home! 
(we are still trying to figure that one out..) 
On another note, tomorrow will be the beginning of our last leg (aka 4 weeks) of Med/Surg clinical!!  Definitely not looking forward to waking up at the lovely 4:45 AM (and yes, for those of you wondering, it really does exist...unfortunately...) I'm a little nervous about starting these next 4 weeks after getting used to psych clinical but pretty excited about the experience we will get from being on an Oncology Unit.  <hello weekend filled with careplans and nursing books!> I cannot believe that we only have 6 weeks until the end of 3rd semester!  It has flown by for sure.  I feel like I have reached the "wall" of this semester in motivation for studying.  It has been so hard lately to study or do schoolwork.  Hoping to find this motivation sooner than later! <yikes!>  With these last weeks of the semester being super crazy, I love that I can find my solace in knowing that I'm not in this alone.  That God is with me every step of the way.  It's so hard getting caught up in our crazy schedules and I find myself sometimes trying to just include God in my day, but in all actuality I should really be centering my day around Him!  Making sure He comes first in every part of it -just something that I've been thinking about lately.  As much as like to blog/procrastinate, I should really be studying for my super hard Gero (old people) test. -at least I have some pretty great piano music to get me through! (thanks Pandora!) :] -Aimee

Something to smile about: 
"But each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life." -Psalm 42:8-       

No comments:

Post a Comment