"I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me." Psalm 16:8



Thursday, March 24, 2011

Unlucky Pencils & Pajama Jeans



 Hey yall! Hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday
My teacher brought her new pajama jeans to class today. Ha!
She passed them around the class so we could feel them and even offered if anyone wanted to try them on.
We also took an insanely hard Adult test today. I did not have a pencil, so Aimee kindly lent me one of hers to borrow. (Now you have to understand that pretty much every nursing student has "lucky pencil" which they use to take tests. Occasionally these pencils lose their luck over time, leaving their owner to find yet another "lucky" pencil. I have personally never classified any of my pencils as lucky.) Well apparently this pencil's luck ran out a long time ago.


 Needless to say, that pencil now resides in the trashcan of the North Oaks Diagnostic Center.


This Tuesday was our last at Southeast.
On Wednesday we went to Generations, which is an outpatient clinic for the mentally ill to come during the day for various types of therapy as opposed to being in a hospital full-time. We were able to sit in on an activity therapy session - we played Bingo! The next group was more of a psychoeducational group, where we discussed adapting/ lifestyle changes. It was so interesting to see the therapist guide the conversation, lots of skill and practice!

 Then we went to lunch with Ms. Hatheway and discussed the past few weeks of clinical. I really enjoyed having her as a teacher - it's refreshing to have teachers that are so passionate about their work and for their patients.
  Going into psych clincial I was convinced that I wouldn't like it. It has been my favorite clinical experience this far - and it truly changed my perspective of those affected by mental illness.
And! I am going to pick up Paul from the airport in a few hours! YAY! So thankful he is able to come in for his birthday! Crawfish boil tomorrow with his family - hopefully this beautiful spring weather keeps hanging around!

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment